Setting a new standard for transfer schools
East Brooklyn Community High School (EBCHS) Offers Many Unique Features
East Brooklyn Community High School provides students with a supportive and personalized learning environment.
Our school features:
• Small class sizes. Each class is limited to 20-25 students. Total enrollment is no more than 200.
• Individualized relationships. Each student is paired with an Advocate Counselor who provides guidance and support as they set and achieve realistic goals.
• Highly qualified staff. Our teachers are experienced in addressing individual learning needs and designing projects that are connected to students’ interests.
• EBCHS is a newly renovated, single-school site.
EBCHS Offers Students a Chance to Grow
Students are encouraged to set goals inside and outside the classroom.
We provide young people with opportunities to:
• Share their voice and contribute to the life of the school.
• Form positive relationships with adults in school and in the community.
• Participate in paid internships and community service projects
• Explore interests and talents in a fun, creative and supportive learning environment.
• Plan for the future. Students receive personal, one-on-one guidance with college, vocational training and career opportunities.
Principal : Patrick McGillicuddy - NYCDOE
Director: Allison Newman - SCO Family of Services